Union County Master Gardener Scholarship
The Master Gardeners of Union County, Ohio is a specially trained volunteer group helping The Ohio State University Extension to educate and assist the community in horticultural pursuits. A scholarship in the amount of $1000 will be awarded to one applicant. Only one scholarship will be awarded per year. Applicants are eligible to apply in future years.
Residency/School: The applicant must be
- A Union County resident, or
- A graduate of a Union County high school, or
- A graduating senior from a Union County high school
The scholarship applicant must be pursuing a PLANT SCIENCE degree, such as AGRONOMY, BOTANY, HORTICULTURE, FORESTRY, or LANDSCAPING at a COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL.
Graduating high school seniors or others who have not started their classes at the college, university or technical school must present an ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM THE COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL and a HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT.
Applicants who have started their program of college study must submit a TRANSCRIPT FROM THE COLLEGE, UNIVERSITY OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL.
Deadline: The scholarship committee must receive your application packet by April 8, 2021. Your application will not be considered if it is not complete. Completed applications may be mailed or hand delivered to the following address:
Master Gardener Scholarship
OSU Extension of Union County
18000 St. Rt. 4, Suite E
Marysville, OH 43040
Help: If you have questions you may contact the Master Gardener Scholarship Committee by emailing email@example.com with the subject line: MG Scholarship
Checklist: Please include all the following in your application packet.
- Personal Information and Tell Us More about You Sheets
- Transcript from the college, university or technical school, OR Letter of Acceptance and high school transcript (Grade point average will be a tie breaker if necessary)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Signature and permission to check information.
To download a PDF Format of the scholarship packet "Click Here"