The Horticulture Program in Union County is staffed by Wayne Dellinger, Union County Agricultural Educator, Laurie Lowe and Eunice Hornsby, Master Gardener Volunteer Coordinators and 31 active members.
Master Gardener Volunteers (MGV) answer gardening questions throughout the growing season on the Master Gardener Volunteer HelpLine. To submit a question to the HelpLine send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include pictures of the plant/insect that you want identified or have a question about.
Our goal is to extend information from the university to the public in the area of horticulture and its related fields, including growing and pest management so that gardeners and commercial producers alike can be more efficient in growing plants, and be mindful of environmental stewardship.
The Ohio State University Related Links
- Ohioline - your Link to Information, News, and Education
- Buckeye Yard and Garden Line
- PlantFacts Database Search (OSU Dept. of HCS)
- Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- All American Selections
- Ohio Apple Marketing Program
- National Garden Bureau
- Perennial Plant Association
- American in Bloom
Integrated Pest Management
- Ohio Integrated Pest Management
- C.O.R.N Crop Observation and Recommendation Network
- Pesticide Education Programs, The Ohio State University
The 2021 Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for Commercial Growers (ID-56) is Midwest Vegetable Production Guide (This annual guide is a summary of currently suggested vegetable varieties, seeding rates, fertilizer rates, weed control, insect control and disease control measures for commercial growers)