The Union County 4-H Horse Committee is a sub-committee of the Union County 4-H Advisory Council. The purposes of this committee are:
- To create an awareness of the opportunities which are available to boys and girls through 4-H Horse Project Work.
- To promote participation in the 4-H Horse Program by youth and adults.
- To keep members and their parents informed about the rules, policies, opportunities, etc., which affect the operations of the local clubs.
- To make recommendations regarding situations that arise at authorized 4-H Shows and Junior Fair Shows.
- To clarify rules, policies and procedures which are in effect.
- To suggest necessary rules and regulations uniform in Union County.