As you may be aware, The Ohio State University announced the suspension of face-to-face instruction and the move to virtual instruction. Events deemed nonessential are postponed between now and at least July 6, 2020 (please note this date has been updated from our original notice due to COVID-19). Based on these guidelines, all in-person meetings of committees, advisory groups, and Extension are postponed or canceled until at least July 6. Activities are encouraged to continue virtually when possible.
These actions are in alignment with necessary precautions recommended by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Ohio Department of Health.
Thank you for your patience with your county staff and OSU Extension as we navigate the process. Although this has caused a disruption, Agricultural professionals are still working remotely. We’re committed to doing our part to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. We also know that when we choose to act together, we can have incredible positive impacts. We will be posting up-to-date information as we receive it regarding Agricultural Programming here on this page.
- Starting Monday April 6, the OSU Farm Office Team will open our offices online and offer weekly live office hours from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. We’ll provide you with short updates on emerging topics and help answer your questions about the farm economy. Each evening will start off with a quick 10-15-minute summary of select farm management topics from our experts and then we’ll open it up for questions and answers from attendees on other topics of interest.
Who’s on the Farm Office Team? Our team features OSU experts ready to help you run your farm office:
- Peggy Kirk Hall — agricultural law
- Dianne Shoemaker — farm business analysis and dairy production
- Ben Brown — agricultural economics
- David Marrison — farm management
- Barry Ward — agricultural economics and tax
Each office session is limited to 500 people and if you miss our office hours, we’ll post recordings on farmoffice.osu.edu the following day. Register at https://go.osu.edu/farmofficelive. We look forward to seeing you there!
Join Ohio AgrAbility for Fitness for Farm Life on Tuesday May 5, 12 and 19, 7 - 7:30 pm
Fitness for Farm Life is an educational program aimed at improving the quality or work and life for agricultural workers of all ages and abilities.The goal of this program is to show you that by taking some small steps to care for our bodies and physical health, then in turn you can improve and preserve your physical abilities to continue doing what all of us here love-farming.
May 5 - Fitness for Farm Life: Safe Lifting
May 12 - Fitness for Farm Life: Exercises and stretches
May 19 - Fitness for Farm Life: Health, wellness and pain management
Registration is not required, just log in and join us: https://go.osu.edu/farmfitness If you have not logged into Zoom before you may need to download Zoom to watch the webinar. All Fitness for Farm Life webinars will be recorded and available on this website, and archived on the Ohio AgrAbility site
- Union County Master Gardeners Garden Tour of Gardens moved to 2021. All Ohio State Extension activities which include the Union County Master Gardeners are cancelled until July 6, 2020. Because of this directive, the Tour of Gardens scheduled for July 12, 2020 is postponed until summer 2021.
- Pesticide Private Applicator Certification Deadline Extended
With the signing of House Bill 197, Ohio’s COVID-19 emergency response legislation, the March 31, 2020, deadline for private pesticide applicators (farmers) and the May 31, 2020, deadline for agricultural fertilizer certificate holders to renew their license and get training has been extended.