As you may be aware, The Ohio State University announced the suspension of face-to-face instruction and the move to virtual instruction. Events deemed nonessential are postponed between now and at least July 6, 2020 (please note this date has been updated from our original notice due to COVID-19). Based on these guidelines, all in-person meetings of 4-H clubs, committees, advisory groups, and Extension are postponed or canceled until at least July 6. Activities are encouraged to continue virtually when possible.
These actions are in alignment with necessary precautions recommended by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Ohio Department of Health.
Thank you for your patience with your county 4-H staff, the state 4-H office and OSU Extension as we navigate the process. Although this has caused a disruption, 4-H professionals are still working remotely, and many club members are working on their projects. We’re committed to doing our part to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. We also know that when we choose to act together, we can have incredible positive impacts. We will be posting up-to-date information as we receive it regarding 4-H Programming here on this page.
Latest 4-H Newsletter Published
- 4-H Advisor Update (May 29 - Union County Fair Decision)
- 4-H Advisor Newsletter - Last Chance Quality Assurance Trainings
- 4-H Family Newsletter (May 11 - Tag-in reminder)
- 2020 Richwood Livestock Tag-in Information Letter (May 8)
- 4-H Family Newsletter (April 23)
- 4-H Family Newsletter (April 16)
- 4-H Advisor Newsletter (April 9)
- 4-H Family Newsletter (April 7)
- 4-H Advisor Newsletter (March 26)
- May 20 - Turkey Hatch date for Richwood Fair
- May 21 - Equine Ambassador Applications due
- May 25 - Deadline to meet Union County requirements to participate at the Ohio State Fair Jr. Fair Horse Show.
- June 1 - All animals (except for Steers, Poultry and Pen of 3 Rabbits) owned for Richwood Fair
- June 1 – Horse Blue Cards DEADLINE CHANGE
Print the blue cards offline and get new photos. Give the completed card to your advisor to be checked (old ones will not be returned this year)
- June 6 - Richwood Market Lambs, Goats, Swine and Dairy Feeders Tag-in Information must be submitted on-line
- June 23 - Union County Fair Entries Deadline (On-Line with FairEntry)
- June 29 - Union County Royalty Application Deadline
- July 7 - Union County Demonstration Day CANCELLED
- July 11 - Union County Dog Show CANCELLED
- July 15 - Richwood Beef Feeder Tag-in Information must be submitted on-line
- Quality Assurance for 2020 is moving online! Christy will be offering 4 general QA sessions May 4-7th beginning at 3 pm each day. A Poultry QA session will be offered May 9 beginning at 9 am, taught by Dr. Tim McDermott. All project members who need to complete QA to be eligible for Fair participation can register for a session using this link: Quality Assurance Registration.
Last Chance Quality Assurance Trainings will be held June 3 and 10. Request a link by June 1 and June 8. See Advisor Newsletter above for links)
- Members Helping Members (See the 4-H Family Newsletter sent on April 6)
- Stay At Home Projects (List to some 4-H project books)
- Need to purchase your project book? Now you can order directly from extensionpubs.osu.edu with one of these special discounts for Ohio residents: FREE2020 (for free shipping) or 20IN2020 (20% off the entire order). Use the coupon that works best for you. Orders will be shipped directly to your home as long as it is an Ohio address. Please review your order carefully. No returns are accepted. There is no restriction on the number of times a coupon can be used.